mardi 3 mars 2015

Time Machine skipping automated hourly backups


My Time Machine is always skipping the automated hourly backups since some days ago. I can force a manual backup and it will complete correctly, but hourly backups are skipped and scheduled for the next hour just to be skipped again. It was previously working correctly.


I did try to troubleshoot:



  • Wiped the Time Machine hard disk and started again

  • Local backups are disabled

  • Nothing interesting on syslog

  • Removed /Library/Preferences/com.apple.TimeMachine.plist and reconfigured Time Machine


None of this seems to help. The problem started when I pushed the date of my MacBook to the future, two backups were done "in the future" and then I did go back to NTP.


My last resort would be to add tmutil startbackup -a to my crontab, but it has to be a better way out of this.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire