dimanche 15 février 2015

Permanently enabling volume control for audio interface that doesn't support it


I use an audio interface (namely a Roland Edirol UA-5, but that doesn't matter) which does not support volume control. I can only control the volume with the physical volume dial on the audio interface.


Now, by combining two freewares from RogueAmoeba, Soundflower and LineIn, I am able to enable volume control on any audio interface by:



  1. Selecting Soundflower as my primary audio interface

  2. Routing Soundflower to my Edirol UA-5 with LineIn


Thus enabling my native volume to control my audio interface.


This is my question now: is there a native modification I could make to OSX (a flag somewhere, a special kext) that could make this process easier?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire