samedi 7 février 2015

OSX Server 3.2.2 and Profile Manager


I recently have been tasked with taking over a work load left behind from an employee that left my workplace.


I am setting up a new OSX Server 3.2.2 with Profile Manager to control three different Computer Labs with 15 or so machines in each lab.


Currently they are set up on an old server running with Workgroup Manager. I have been able to set up the new server and have it attached to our Active Directory.


The lab machines can now see and connect to the new server. The users and groups are pulled over as the should be. My questions are...


In the old environment when a user logs in the apple doc is filled with the programs and folders the users would need like the Adobe Creative Suite and of course their network home folders. The network home folders are showing just fine. How/where do I set what is loaded on the doc? I've tried to change this in Profile Manager thru the individual users and also by groups but I have not seen any changes I've logged out and restarted the machines and logged in a student and admin and never see anything changed.


Also when the users log off I was asked to have something happen that doesn't happen in the older environment. The machines reset, meaning all the settings and files saved to the desktop by the user are removed competely, so the machine is fresh the next time they are logged in. I know this is something possible with a guest account but the users must be able to log in themselves.


Before I posted here I have searched all over the web for answers the past week and I've read tons of documentation. I am left with nothing from the past admin and this is all new to me. I remember how helpful and knowledgable everyone here is from years back in my old job, if anyone could at least lead me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.


Thank you!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire