jeudi 26 février 2015

Microsoft AutoUpdate launching repeatedly


I've had Microsoft Office 2011 installed on my MacBook Air, currently running 10.10.2, for several years. A week or so ago I updated Office to 14.4.8.


We're working on rolling out Office 365 (mostly for email) to our end users. Yesterday I installed the downloadable Office 2011 package from the Office 365 portal. From what I can tell this simply installed the same 14.4.8 version that I've been running for a week. Afterwords I installed the standalone Outlook 2015 application from the Office 365 portal.


This morning, upon logging in, I was greeted with a 14.0.10 update for MS Lync, that had been released in mid October. Outside of testing years ago I've never used Lync so I clicked cancel and quit Microsoft Autoupdate. A second or so later it re-launched. I went through this same process 3 or 4 times before, out of frustration, I eventually installed the update.


The update installed without issue and I quit Autoupdate. A few seconds later, Autoupdate launched again, this time showing no available updates. Quit Autoupdate, it launches again, and again, and again.


I plan on killing off the plists for Autoupdate and running through the typical troubleshooting steps but I wanted to see if anyone else had run into this. Because we're going to be rolling this out to a couple hundred Macs in the next month or so I'd like to know if this is a common occurrence or if it's just a fluke on my Mac.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire