mercredi 21 janvier 2015

Yosemite as ftp server


I have many problems with my Mac OS X. The system is only reachable via SSH, but not with FTP and not with SMB. So I tried to concentrate on FTP, seems easier to debug and may be it's one problem for both services.


First I enabled ftpd with:



sudo -s launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist


Then I try to ftp. But nothing. I got the standard error: Operation timed out.


After that I tried it again and made a tcpdump on the MBP. Looks fine for me:



tdmacpro:~ root# tcpdump port 21
tcpdump: data link type PKTAP
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on pktap, link-type PKTAP (Packet Tap), capture size 65535 bytes
17:32:53.539323 IP 192.168.0.58.49191 > 192.168.0.2.ftp: Flags [S], seq 2091779555, win 65535, options [mss 1460,nop,wscale 3,nop,nop,TS val 271391148 ecr 0,sackOK,eol], length 0


So the packets are reaching the MBP, but it did not answer.


After that I created a new virtual machine on my MBP to be sure that no switch makes any problem. Then the ftp client was in my virt. machine. But same error.


After that I tried a ftp user@MBP_IP, again same error.


After that I disabled fptd with



sudo -s launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist


and started the ftpd manually with



/usr/libexec/ftpd -d -D -l -U


again the same problem.


Then I used another terminal and made a:



ftp localhost


This works. So I think the ftpd is configured properly. But I also controlled the ftp.plist with a new installation. The same content.


So is there anybody out there who has any further suggestions how to isolate the problem or how to solve it?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire