vendredi 23 janvier 2015

Snow Day Alarm?


I use my iPhone to wake me up for school in the morning. The one flaw in that workflow is that, as any student knows, snow day season is very much upon us. I also have an iPad (school-given and limited accordingly) and an MBP. iOS 8.1.2 (non-jailbroken) and OS X 10.1.1.


Is there a way, using the devices at my disposal, to subscribe to a notification service (such as one of the news stations that sends text or email notifications about school delays/closings) and automatically have my alarms altered accordingly? i.e. If my school calls a 2-hour delay, I want my 6:15 alarm turned off and an 8:15 one turned on, and if they call a full-blown cancellation, I want all alarms off. Can it be done?


Ideally, the device emitting the alarm would still be the iPhone that sits on my nightstand at night, but I guess I'd be willing to have the alarm on my computer if it's the only way.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire