mardi 6 janvier 2015

Drag-and-Drop from Stack in list view


I have a few "Stacks" in my Dock, where "Stack" is apparently the name for having a folder in the Dock. If the Stack is in grid view, I can drag-and-drop files from the grid. But if the Stack is in list view, I can't drag-and-drop.


But some of the files I want to access have long names and are not unique at the beginning and end. Since grid view chops out the middles of long filenames, I can't find which file is which. Point being: I want list view. But I also want to be able to drag-and-drop.


I've found that enabling an alternate list view via:



defaults write com.apple.dock use-new-list-stack -bool YES && killall Dock


does allow me to drag-and-drop from list view, but it also starts eliding the middles of filenames, though not quite as badly as grid view.


Is this just an arbitrary limitation or is there something I can do to fix this?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire