mardi 6 janvier 2015

2012 MacMini HDD died while installing Win 10 Tech Preview


I have a problem with a 2012 MacMini. diskutil list shows an internal 500 GB 5400 rpm drive as having 0 Bytes.


It also states that it is unknown. Would TestDisk be able to reformat the drive?


Disk Utility will not let me format or partition, all options are greyed out. Any ideas on resurrecting a drive in this state?


The history of events:


I was on Yosemite 10.10.1 when I tried to use bootcamp to install Windows 10.


That did not work so well and I ended up with gray screen.


Trying to recover using the USB Installer with 10.10 does not see my HDD and does not let me format it.


10.10


Using the Internet recovery brings up the Mountain Lion Installer but can not proceed with the disk problem been: Not recognized.


ML installer


How do I format my HDD now and start over.


If I were to remove the drive from the mini and insert it into an external case, would I be able format it as JHFS+/GUID or FAT32/MBR?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire