lundi 5 janvier 2015

Changed Username, Broke Everything


Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! I changed a username in Yosemite, and now everything under that username is wrecked. Chrome won't work at all, saying it can't read or write to a data file. All of my son's Minecraft data is lost, and the minecraft launcher won't run, saying something about Java not being able to set up a directory. Both these things run fine under all other usernames. Also, I can't establish Read/Write permissions for any folders at all, though the problem username is an admin account, and I have all the passwords to unlock the permissions manually and changed them in the "get info" area, and have changed them many times, the change never sticks. I have tried Repair permissions, in the disk utility, and that hasn't worked either. Why do they let you change your username if this is what is going to happen?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire