samedi 6 décembre 2014

OS X Yosemite - Unresponsive Keyboard and Trackpad after sleep


I have a brand new MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014). Shipped with Yosemitee pre-installed, the version I have is 10.10.1 . I don't have any software installed except Google Chrome, so it is clean/new OS.


I noticed sometimes the keyboard and trackpad become completely unresponsive after waking up the laptop from sleep. Happened several times, the last time it happened I could not reset PRAM or SMC as keyboard was unresponsive even after restarting or shutting down so I had to Re-Install OS.


Today I was able to reproduce the issue, first I tried to let it go into Sleep mode several times with no device plugged into the USBs, and Lid left opened. I could not reproduce, both were working when I wake the laptop.


Then I plugged in a USB Mouse, left the lid opened, and let it go to sleep for 1 hr. When I waked it up, the keyboard/mouse were unresponsive. Then I unplugged the mouse usb, let it go into sleep mode, and closed the lid .. for few minutes. Then I opened the lid, waked it up .. this time both were responsive and working.


I was able to reproduce the above scenarios, so it is not a random thing.


So, is there some kind of a log or test I can use to reproduce or while reproducing the unresponsive case above so I can understand if it is a hardware or software problem ?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire