samedi 6 décembre 2014

How can I print a PDF/X Mavericks document?


A few iterations ago, Mac OS X had a "Save as PDF-X" option available via the print dialogue, with an associated file at /Library/PDF Services/Save As PDF-X.workflow that handled the magic suff I assume.


My understanding is that the PDF/X format embeds fonts and does other "preflight" stuff to make a document good for printshops to use. Outputting in this format is possible with Illustrator and other Adobe products, but I would produce a printshop-ready PDF/X file using software I already have (LibreOffice, Word, etc.)


In Mac OS X 10.9, this "Save as PDF-X" option is nowhere I can find.


Is there any simple way to create PDF/X format files?


http://ift.tt/1z2wXxx


Back in 2010, Philip Regan gave some info about doing it with the then present "Save as PDF-X" feature, but it is no longer part of the print dialogue. How can I print a PDF X-1A from a iWork Pages document?


Anyone have any ideas?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire