lundi 22 décembre 2014

Lost partitions after a botched Windows install attempt via Bootcamp


I tried to install Windows 8 using the bootcamp assistant, but when I got to this screen,


enter image description here


The BOOTCAMP partition created by bootcamp wouldn't accept the windows install. Meaning, I reformatted it, and normally the little sun button "New" would then allow me to proceed with the Windows install.


I thought it was very weird so I instead deleted the partition, which turned into a 47.3Gb of Unallocated Space.


I tried formatting said unallocated space which created a bunch more partitions, but ultimately the same problem persisted: Can't install Windows.


In OSX, the Disk Utility wouldn't let me actually delete or remove the partitions so I went back to the Windows install menu and turned all the undesirables into unallocated space.




Here's what my Disk Utility looks like now:


enter image description here


As you can see there's some purple stuff at the top and some dark-grey stuff at the bottom, which I imagine represents free space?


Finally, here's a diskutil list readout:



/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *121.3 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_CoreStorage 121.0 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Boot OS X 134.2 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_CoreStorage 948.5 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk1s3
/dev/disk2
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD *1.1 TB disk2
Logical Volume on disk0s2, disk1s2
A952E93D-0902-4BEC-B4D2-93A8BB1CDDD0
Unencrypted Fusion Drive
/dev/disk3
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *16.0 GB disk3
1: DOS_FAT_32 WININSTALL 16.0 GB disk3s1




Questions:




  • WTF happened?




  • How can I reset everything to the way it was so I can try bootcamp again?




  • More specifically, how do I add unallocated space to my primary OSX partition?




  • List item




Please help!


Thanks in advance.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire