mercredi 24 décembre 2014

How can I retrieve files from a Time Machine backup done with Snow Leopard when my current OS is Mavericks?


I have a Seagate GoFlex home 2 Tb external drive that was installed on my Snow Leopard Mac and configurer with Time Machine. A year ago, due to issues with my Mac, the (internal) hard drive was erased and I subsequently installed Mavericks and re-configured Time Machine with the external drive. I would like to retrieve the files from the Snow Leopard backups, which included many photos for example but I am unable to see them in Time Machine. I can only see the Mavericks backups. Here are additional things I tried:



  • I tried accessing the external drive via Finder but nothing appears in the Time Machine backup folder. I obviously also looked in the other folders and for hidden files but nothing relevant appears.

  • I looked at the Seagate GoFlex applications that were included with the drive but none of them allow me to access the backups, including the Mavericks backups.

  • I tried the Migration Assistant (under Utilities) and I can only see the Mavericks backups.

  • I checked my Time Machine settings and "tell me when old backups are deleted" is enabled. I would have been noticed (which isn't the case). I also read that new backups can override older ones but my disk still has 1.5 Tb free.


Thank you for your help!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire