lundi 16 mars 2015

VeraCrypt - Encryption of Host Protected Area on my Macbook Pro 13"


I have a MacBook Pro 13" Model : MGX82xx/A with Windows installed only (no Mac OS X on a different partition, no Boot Camp used (manual driver installation after windows installed.) and a copy of VeraCrypt 1.0f1 installed.


Inside the VeraCrypt Volume Creation Wizard I have selected the options to Encrypt the whole drive.


I am being prompted with a yes/no Question - Encryption of Host Protected Area Which states the following


At the end of many drives, there is an area that is normally hidden from the operating system (such areas are usually referred to as Host Protected Areas). However, some programs can read and write data from/to such areas. WARNING: Some computer manufacturers may use such areas to store tools and data for RAID, system recover, system setup, diagnostic, or other purposes. If such tools or data must be accessible before booting, the hidden area should NOT be encrypted (choose 'No' above).


I would rather encrypt the Host Protected Area just to be sure, but do not want to damage my MacBook permanently if Apple reserve this space for whatever reason I do not know.


Can I encrypt this area?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire