mercredi 11 mars 2015

Resetting SMC on a Macbook Pro


About a couple of weeks ago, I tried turning on my Macbook Pro and it seemed completely dead. I plugged in the power cable but it still didn't work. Since it's not under warranty anymore, I opened up the back, disconnected the battery, plugged the power cable in and this time it worked. After booting it up I plugged in the battery and it started charging, I can use my Macbook without the cable fine, but other issues occured.


Here are my MB specs:


enter image description here



  • I can't power on with the power button so I have to either connect the power cable or sometimes disconnect the battery (I think this is based on how much the battery is charged)

  • Camera doesn't work anymore (no device connected)

  • Power button doesn't work at all


I can't reset SMC (I can't boot properly and nothing happens after pressing the keys). I've tried all the things listed under this Apple's Guide


I've tried updating the SMC firmware, but it didn't help.


Isn't it possible to reset the SMC (which I think is the cause of this) through the terminal or by disconnecting the internal battery(logics board?) or something similar?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire