mardi 10 mars 2015

OSX Hierarchy questions and organization


I've done extensive searching on these questions and have even come across others, however, they do not answer any of my questions.



  • What are ~/Library and /Library for respectively? I can see they store certain applications, but why there and not /Applications or ~/Applications? I'm confused between the 4.

  • In my personal system, I see go, git, and android-sdk directories in /usr/local for these programs. Why would these not be stored in those application or library directories I mentioned above?

  • I know this is all down to choice, but where do I store, or what is a common place to store libraries such as boost that I would use across all of my C++ programs?

  • in line with the question above, where should I store the projects/source files for my C++, Java, IOS, Android, etc. projects? I feel like my system right now is very unorganized with some projects on my desktop, home directory, etc. because of my ignorance on these things, I want to find a good, organized system.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire