samedi 7 mars 2015

Mac OSX 10.10 Removing ~/tmp folder removed all data and rested osx


I asked this question on superuser but I am putting it here as well as I am big trouble. I was trying remove data from my own created temp folder under home directory but I accidentally ended up deleting default tmp directory under home. ~/tmp . And to my deepest shock it wiped out pretty much everything! Nothing in trash. All my documents, downloads, pictures, projects . GONE! I dont have time machine back up as well. but i dont understand what the hell happen when I deleted that tmp folder! I remember it used to have some 'npm-*' files/folders. How the hell it got power to wipe out everything? Off course I used 'sudo' but so do I used it millions times at work on linux and this never happened. How do I recover from this? this was the command that wrack havock sudo rm -rf * tmp/





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire