lundi 2 mars 2015

iPhone 5 problem, "No Service" and not being recognised by iTunes


I've recently purchased a second hand iPhone 5. They demonstrated the phone making calls before I purchased it.


Unfortunately the phone isn't being recognised by iTunes, and is also very frequently showing me the message "No service". I did however very briefly have service earlier today, enough to send and receive a couple of SMS's.


The things I have tried are:



  • Restarting laptop,

  • Trying another laptop,

  • Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes (on both laptops),

  • "Reset Network Settings,

  • Rebooting phone,

  • Airplane mode on / off,

  • 4G on / off,

  • Updating all software,

  • Trying to turn off automatic carrier selection, but I get the message "Unable to load network list",

  • "Reset All Settings",

  • Trying many mixes of restarting with cables in and out and every different USB port available to me,

  • Offering my lunch to the gods.


The software involved is:



  • iTunes 12.1.50

  • iOS 8.1.2

  • OS X 10.10.2


I've also checked and the phone is definitely unlocked, and marked as last activated yesterday when I first tried to use it.


I would be greatly appreciative of any further suggestions.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire