lundi 16 mars 2015

How to get OS X to recognise scanner/printer is turned on, without rebooting


I have a Canon MP560 printer/scanner combo, installed and working.


enter image description here


However typically when I turn on the power to the printer and click 'Open Scanner...' I get the following error:


enter image description here


Needless to say the scanner is switched ON and the cable IS connected.


If I reboot my macbook then everything works fine. This is a pain in the neck though. I would like to find a way to get the scanner working without having to reboot.


Full details of my setup:



  • Macbook Air running Mavericks 10.9.5

  • -->connected to CalDigit Thunderbolt dock

  • -->connected via USB and HDMI to Dell monitor

  • -->connected to printer via USB cable


I don't doubt the intermediate elements in the USB chain probably contribute to the problem, however I will note that everything works fine after I reboot my macbook (with printer switched on and connected).


I don't mind if it's a fiddly hack, deleting plist files etc, as long as I don't have to reboot.


It is physically inconvenient to connect the printer directly to the mac.


It is not the same problem as this How I can get OSX to recognize Canon MP560 Scanner again? since I see the printer and scanner listed as installed.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire