mercredi 25 mars 2015

How do I make my MacBook's logical resolution the same as its physical one?


My MacBook has 2,880 × 1,800 physical, R/G/B pixels in its display (1800p). However, Mac OS renders at 3840 × 2400 virtual pixels (4k). I don't know or care why, but I do know that this makes things unnecessarily blurry for me. It doesn't do this with external displays, so I know the OS is capable of outputting to the native resolution. How do I force Mac OS to output to the native resolution of its integrated display?


Below is an illustration of what bothers me the most. The left is a photograph (physical resolution of 1800p) and the right is a screenshot (virtual resolution of 4k).


A side-by-side comparison of a photograph and a screenshot of the cursor. The photograph shows a 17px-wide cursor, and the screenshot shows a 24px-wide one. The photograph's cursor's left vertical's rightmost pixels are faded, and the screenshot's are clean.


Note the 2px left vertical in the photo has one clean, white line on the left, and one faded white-to-black line on the right. The screenshot shows it's actually rendering a 3px-wide left vertical, and all the pixels should be cleanly white.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire