samedi 14 mars 2015

How do I get an old iOS 4.1 iPhone 3GS to sync with my iCloud contacts on my OS X 10.7.5 Mac?


I have an iPhone 3GS that is unlocked and jailbroken. It is running iOS 4.1. I cannot update because that will undo the unlock mechanism.


I was originally on an iPhone 4S. It got bricked somehow, so I pulled out my old iPhone 3GS. I had already migrated completely to iCloud for my contacts; I run 10.7.5 on my Mac and was using iCloud to sync all of our Apple devices.


With iOS 4.1, it doesn't support iCloud, but I can't get it to sync my contacts manually. I was hoping that when I connected my iPhone to iTunes, that by clicking the 'Sync Contacts' under 'Info', it would just pick up all the iCloud contacts that are stored locally on my Mac and treat them as regular contacts.


Apparently it doesn't work this way. iTunes doesn't see iCloud contacts stored in the Address Book as normal contacts so those don't get synced.


Is there a way to get around this? I'm willing to do a manual sync (i.e. use some other app to copy, en masse, the contacts over), since my contact base doesn't change very frequently.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire