mercredi 25 mars 2015

How can I stream video stored on one MacBook Pro to another?


I have two MacBook Pro laptops, a 17-inch MBP and a 13-inch MBP. The 17-inch MBP is connected to an Elgato EyeTV HD Video Capture Recorder (and thence to a cable TV set top box). I use that to grab video off of my STB and to record live TV. The 13-inch MBP is my general purpose laptop, and I also want to use it for iOS and Android development.


Eventually I know I will get a RAID unit from Synology or a Drobo (in order to do automated redundant backups of the media on my 17-inch MBP and on the array of external HDDs that are connected to it), but not immediately since I'm trying to save money and pay down credit card debt, etc.


My question: without using sneakernet to copy the multi-gigabyte files over, or using remote control software like TeamViewer, or a LAN, is there a simple and cheap way to play back videos stored on my 17-inch MBP on my 13-inch MBP?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire