samedi 14 mars 2015

How can I run Windows Software .exe on a PowerBook G4?


I have an old PowerBook G4 12" with 1,25 GHz and 786 MB RAM, actually MacOS X 10.4.11 is installed.


I'd like to give it to my son, but he likes (among others) to use learning games/software, which are made for Windows (.exe).



  • What is the best way to run Windows Software on this old Mac?

  • Do I need to install Windows in a VM,

    or is there something like WINE which lets me install the .exe directly?


(I had also considered to install Linux on the machine (e. g. MintPPC http://mintppC.org/ ), to have a more recent OS, if that would help or make any difference...)




Darwine


I already found the PowerPC section in the WINE project, see PowerPC Mac, but I don't fully understand which options do exist in my case and which should be the best one.


Qemu


Furthermore there seems to be Q or Qemu, which seems to emulate a guest PC and therefore needs an installation/license for Windows (and maybe more ressources?)


VirtualPC


If I remember correctly, I have an old version of VirtualPC somewhere, if that might be a better option.


...?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire