mardi 10 mars 2015

External hard drive deep freezing Macs


A quite nice problem: I have an external USB 2.0 harddrive (Lacie Starck with 512GB) which was working fine during the last years. But now everytime I connect it to a Mac 3 seconds later a total crash of the system follows and the Mac needs to reboot.


I tried with OS 10.10, 10.9 and 10.6 on three different devices. All systems crashed, so it's not my Mac.


I removed the harddrive from it's case and put it into a new external case. Still crashing, so it's not the controller.


If I start the Mac into Recovery Mode and plug in the external harddrive there is again an immediate crash.


The disk itself still produces a good spinning sound but it's a killer-disk now... Problem is: I don't have any other PC with Linux or Windows and I want to get some files from the disk. Any suggestions?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire