jeudi 5 mars 2015

CANNOT DELETE FREE SPACE PARTITION and doesn't show in CS LIST


Firstly - I know this has been answered, but I am hoping for a more broken down answer, as I am not quite so technically minded, but I can follow instructions!


So in summary I have tried to install windows with bootcamp. Something failed and I ended up using Disk utility to try and remove the partition created by bootcamp.


Big, silly error I know!


I have followed the threads about backing up then booting to recovery mode (Cmd+R) and effectively wiping my SSD then re-installing Yosemite from internet recovery and then restore from my timemachine back up. (Seems like it will be a late night!)


(The thread I am working off:


Can not delete Free Space on iMac 5K: Partition doesn't appear in CS list)


However, in the description by @Klanomath, which seems to be a solution there are some blanks in my knwledge as to what exactly to do.... Which command lines do I use as an example.


Below is his solution:


"Thanks to @klanomath for a great answer. It's amazing to me that the only way to do this is such a destructive one. I will outline here a few things I learned and maybe a little bit of an abstraction of the problem.


The FusionDrive, as the name suggests, is actually two physical drives fused together. Occasionally when setting up BOOTCAMP, the Windows partition is corrupted or otherwise screwed up. Of the three times I tried to set up a Win8.1 BC drive two failed this way. The Windows partition is impossible to remove using the Disk Utility or the diskutil command in terminal. You can not add or alter the partition. DiskUtility UI can not alter these, even in Recovery Mode. What you need to do is, in a nutshell: Back up your system using Time Machine Boot into Recovery Mode using either Internet Recovery Launch TERMINAL under UTILITIES and, using the command line, delete the Logical and Physical partitions You then are left with an SSD (128GB) and an HDD (988GB) (adding up to 1TB in my case) You then re-fuse these two together using the command line and re left with an empty 1TB (in my case) drive Finally, you plug in your Time Machine back up and restore I don't know but none of the descriptions made it clear what was actually happening so I thought I'd provide this answer. The details in the above thread work well but when I finally clicked on what I was doing, I thought I'd share.


I find it crazy that OS X's Disk Utility a) screws this up so badly and b) can't fix it without a full reformatting!"


Here is my diskutil CS list:


DISKUTIL CS LIST


Here is my DISK UTIL LIST


DISKUTIL LIST


Here is my DISK UTILITY GUI


enter image description here


To summerise - I'd like to get a thickos guide to achieving the resolution, with the info I have provided.


I would also be interested to know if there is an alternative solution that doesn't require wiping my whole system. IF there are other command lines in terminal that may let me regain control of my hard drive and rejoin them.


I do not have a fusion drive, but I have a 500Gb SSD. YOu may also see "Nifty Drive" in the CS list, that is just a memory card.


Also my first time on a forum, so hello!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire