samedi 14 mars 2015

Can *all* file on AirPort extreme be encrypted with FileVault?


I have a Macbook Pro (Mac OS 10.10.2, late 2013 model) and am considering to buy an AirPort Extreme 2TB. I want to use it not only for TimeCapsule backups, but also as a general-purpose storage disk (as discussed here Can I use a Time Capsule as an all-purpose storage disk?).


Can the data, which I save on AirPort Extreme not in the context of TimeCapsule, be encrypted with FileVault?


My question is not if TimeCapsule-backupped data can be encrypted - as I understand this is possible - but my question is if the other data, put onto AirPort Extreme outside of the TimeCapsule functionality, can be encrypted with FileVault?


I.e. can the entire AirPort Extreme be encrypted with FileVault?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire