vendredi 6 février 2015

Why does my late 2014 MacBook Pro sometimes not detect my USB devices?


Here's my normal routine when I get to the office:



  1. Set down laptop on desk

  2. Connect power, MiniDisplayPort adapter, HDMI cable, and powered USB hub

  3. Open and close MacBook Pro to wake it up and go into clamshell mode


Sometimes I swap steps 2 and 3. Most of the time everything works fine, but maybe once every week or two I find that I can't type anything using the USB keyboard because the laptop refuses to detect the USB hub or anything plugged into it.


Unplugging the USB hub and plugging it back in alone doesn't fix the problem. Unplugging devices from the hub and plugging them back in also does not fix the problem.


The solution that seems to work most of the time is to open the laptop up again, type the password using the laptop's keyboard, then unplug the USB hub and plug it back in.


Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire