jeudi 5 février 2015

Template for solving systems of equations in Numbers?


Can anyone direct me to a template, method, or example for solving systems of equations with Numbers?


Excel supports this with its SOLVE facility, but I see nothing obviously like that in Numbers.




Some additional information, I found the following on Apple's Support Form:


I set up a rudimentary Goal Seek Numbers Workbook yesterday. ... I made a iteration table that has three column, a Loan amount column, a loan calulation column, and a variant column (the percent amount to change the Loan amount with). The equations are basic, but a little complicated for the newbie. ... The variant column looks at the percent difference between the wanted loan payment and the Calc'd loan payment. that number is used to modify the loan amount on the next row, up ro down bepending on if the guess was high or low. the next row does it again. I made it for 1000 rows long, and just had my solution grid on the first table always look at the 1000 row answers. ...


Its not perfect, or especially pretty. But it works... * It might give some people an idea on how to solve their problems.* Download Zip File


And another reference to it at Numbers Templates.


Unfortunately, the link to the Zip file no longer works, but it does point to this being possibile.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire