vendredi 20 février 2015

Sudo Shutdown Now on Mavericks


I had read that you can "quietly shut down to single user mode" by running, within terminal:



sudo shutdown now


This sounds far preferable to having to restart the computer and hold CMND+S. However - at least in Mavericks it doesn't seem to work.


I'm getting:



shutdown: -h, -r, -s, or -k is required
usage: shutdown [-] [-h [-u] [-n] | -r [-n] | -s | -k] time [warning-message ...]


I thought that anything within square brackets was optional.


When I run it with the -k flag (which kicks all users off): sudo shutdown -k now, the output is:



Shutdown NOW!

*** FINAL System shutdown message from user@computer_name ***
System going down IMMEDIATELY

System shutdown time has arrived
but you'll have to do it yourself


Then if I try to open a new terminal:



NO LOGINS: System going down at 12:53
#my password
Login incorrect
login:


Restarting again and terminal login is restored.


Can anyone offer some insight as to what's going on here?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire