vendredi 27 février 2015

Stuck on blue screen after running "rm *" in /


I accidentally executed rm * on / and since then I am unable to see my desktop. All I see is a blue screen with spinning gear.


Irony is I somehow missed my OS and other CDs too that came with my Mac. I followed this article on starting up in safe mode but it shows progress bar for long time and then again get stuck to blue screen


Attached is screen I see on boot.


enter image description here


I can't get Into safe mode either, so how can I get back to a working system?


PS: I also wonder whether I be able to get my desktop settings again without compromising all settings? I am specially concerned with software installed via home brew, Databases etc. Is it possible to to restore or copy deleted files by some kind of repair via CD?. My hidden files infusing bash_profile etc are also there. Can you guide how should I proceed?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire