lundi 23 février 2015

Serious issues with multiple Retina MacBook Pro trackpads


Just encountered the issue for the first time on my six month old 13" MacBook Pro Retina (mid-2014). The issue also exists on another 13" rMBP (late-2013).


Used QuickTime with FingerMgmt to record the "touches" on the screen that show up in clamshell mode (HDMI, MagSafe, Bluetooth Magic Trackpad/Keyboard connected).


Here's a video demonstrating the problem. vid.me/FVGO


My first guess was the same as mentioned on a post by dshack titled "Retina 13" Macbook Pro has jumpy trackpad when used in clamshell mode" (to which I originally tried to post this as a reply): that some kind of electrical interference was causing the rogue taps and clicks. Restarting and disconnecting external peripherals did not help, however, so it has to be something else.


Some googling resulted in these interesting posts. It seems like this is either a result of substances building up in or around the trackpad or physical dislocation of the trackpad module itself. Maybe even a manufacturing defect that wasn't reported enough by consumers for a solution to be implemented in later models, especially since I have observed the issue in both my mid-2014 and late-2013 models.


Again, I never had any issues with the trackpad on my rMBP whilst using it in clamshell mode with an external monitor and peripherals until just a few minutes ago.


Anyone have comments or solutions?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire