jeudi 5 février 2015

Screen not working after installing SSD on MacBook Pro 17" 2009


I have a 17" MBP Early-2009 unibody model. I have just today installed a Samsung 840 Evo SSD, replacing the original hard drive.


To install it, I shut down (not sleep) the MacBook, wiped off a little bit of dust and simply swapped the drives.


Before installing I made a Recovery Disk on a USB from my Yosemite install.


When I boot now, even without the USB, the first noise is the SuperDrive. It's made a chewing noise for years but hasn't affected the boot. The second noise is the chime sound, which is usually when the display comes on, but it doesn't - just the black screen.


I've tried holding down the option-key and powering on but this doesn't do anything.


Would really appreciate any assistance with this. I don't want a bricked Mac.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire