mercredi 18 février 2015

May I remove Python.framework in $PATH enviroment variable?


I recently upgraded Python (via downloaded .dmg files) and now when I run the command:



$ echo $PATH


the terminal returns the following two, new lines.



/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/bin


Before, my $PATH looked like this



/usr/local/bin
/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin


I've noticed that my ~/.bash_profile has only the following content:



# Setting PATH for Python 3.4
# The orginal version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/bin:${PATH}"
export PATH

# Setting PATH for Python 2.7
# The orginal version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin:${PATH}"
export PATH


So, if the original versions are saved in their respective, python-specific .bash profiles, can I delete this content from my ~/.bash_profile?


Why would these duplicates be added to ~/.bash_profile in the first place?


Thanks for any advise.


Thanks





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire