dimanche 1 février 2015

MacOS X stability compared to other operating systems (freezes)


I'm coming from Windows. I was told that Macs are stable, that they rarely crash unlike windows.


So I got the base config of the latest MacBook Pro with retina. It had Yosemite installed, which I upgraded to 10.10.2. Everything looks pretty, but the system freezes sometime. I was able to reproduce one of the scenarios - opened VLC, played a video from a network computer - when I get disconnected from the network VLC freezes. After I force-quit it and try to reboot the Mac, the system freezes too. Another one, Finder freezed when I tried to open a .dmg file, couldn't reboot without holding the power button down for shutdown. After restart, the .dmg file was opened...


Anyway, I got to use this just for 2 days and it didn't make a very good impression to me. Do these kind of freezes happen often in Macs? I never had such issue in Windows 7. Programs crashed sometimes but they didn't took the whole system with them :|





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire