samedi 7 février 2015

How to tell what program is launching softwareupdated?


My Macbook was running really slow after opening it up and so I opened Activity Monitor and saw one process called softwareupdated that was not responding. It didn't say it was using any CPU but my laptop was crawling. I force quit it but then it restarted again. So I looked it up online and saw that App Store uses it (and maybe others). So I opened App Store and ran update. It seemed to use the process as it showed 104% CPU. Then when it was done it went back to 0 CPU. Still it showed in red that it was not responding.


How do I know what process is calling this? How do I prevent it from being called?


Pictures:

softwareupdated process: Softwareupdated process


softwareupdated process when clicking update in OS X App Store: softwareupdated process when clicking update in OS X App Store


double clicking on the process in Activity Monitor: Double clicking on the process in Activity Monitor





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire