vendredi 20 février 2015

How to remotely push "defaults write" settings to OS X server clients


I have some Mac OSX machines that i'm managing with an OS X server, clients are authenticated using Active Directory (golden triangle) and i'd like to disable version control for Pages/Numbers/Keynote as it doesn't work well with user profiles stored on an SMB share,


The commands that achieve this are as follows:


defaults write com.apple.iWork.Pages ApplePersistence -bool no defaults write com.apple.iWork.Numbers ApplePersistence -bool no defaults write com.apple.iWork.Keynote ApplePersistence -bool no


This setting appears to be per-user


I tried to save these into a logon script file with .sh extension, I chmod+x the file to allow me to import it into OS X server but it doesn't work :(


There's a section in OSX server under preferences which has a load of .plist files in there but I couldnt find any good documentation on how to use it ... and I can't locate the plist file for Pages itself..


Sorry for the poor description, i'm new to OS X administration in this environment


Thanks in advance





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire