vendredi 27 février 2015

How to paste Chinese/Unicode characters to Terminal?


I'm trying to paste some Chinese: 你好世界 to my Terminal, but instead I've got ^L or some other weird characters.


The same happens for other unicode characters (such as £āēīōūśṣṭēīōū) when pasting or pressing Option+e, then a for á, e for é, i for í and similar, then I've got C!C)C- instead.


In Terminal Settings, I've got Character encoding set to Unicode (UTF-8) (Settings/Profiles/Advanced) and in Encodings tab I've UTF-8 enabled.


I've LANG=C, however setting it to LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 doesn't help.


However it works when I run echo:



$ echo -e "\xE2\x98\xA0"



My Terminal settings are:


Terminal Settings on OSX


I'm using bash.


How I can configure Terminal to support Unicode characters?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire