mardi 10 février 2015

How to mount remote shares that have the same name, and easily differentiate them in the Finder?


We have three Linux development servers which are available through SMB/CIFS, and I mount them on my Mac (using an Automator script in my Login Items).


The problem is that the SMB shares are username based, so all three shares show up as the same name in the Finder. If one looks carefully in the Volumes folder, then of course they are given different names, but those names are arbitrary, based on the order of successful mounting, I suppose. And anyway, the different names don't show up in the Finder.


I would like to be able to easily know which one is which - even a colored label would be nice, but I can't seem to be able to edit tags or labels directly on volumes.


Right now I can do one of these two things:



  • Open each of the "username" volumes, look at the list of folders inside, realize that these are not the projects I'm looking for, move on to the next folder.

  • Open the server through the "Shared" section in the Finder sidebar. But this attempts to re-connect to the server for some reason. So there is a delay before the volume opens.


So, what can I do to be able to tell which volume came from which server?


I am using Yosemite.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire