dimanche 1 février 2015

How can I keep my home address private when sharing my vCard?


Instead of handing over cumbersome (and likely to get lost) business cards, I like texting my vCard. However, I'd like to not share some of the information in my vCard—most importantly, my home address. Additionally, I taught Siri my entire extended family, which now gets shared with everybody I send my vCard to. This feels less than professional.


Here's the problem: I need my home address in my card if I'm going to get directions to Home using Maps. And I want Siri to know who's in my extended family. But I don't want to share this information when I share my vCard.


I sync my contacts through iCloud, so I was looking at my Mac's Contacts app to see if it had a solution. In Contacts preferences, I found this promising option: "Enable private me card": Contacts preferences vcard - enable private me card


What I was hoping for with a "private me card" was a way to set which pieces of information to share and which ones to keep private on a per card basis with just this one special "me card".


The only other solution I can come up with is to create 2 cards:



  • one for my own private use via Siri, Maps, etc

  • and another for sharing.


The downsides of this solution are that



  • it's inelegant (two vCards for one person) and

  • if a piece of information changes, I have to remember to update two cards, not just one.


Are there other options out there I haven't considered? Are there preferences in iOS, OS X, and/or iCloud that would solve this? And what is a "private me card"?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire