vendredi 13 février 2015

Getting Swedish Apple keyboard to map the same way in Bootcamp (Windows 7)


Whenever I use Windows 7 through Bootcamp, my keyboard mappings are totally different. Many special keys get mapped to what they would be on a PC keyboard, which is a real pain since I program on both platforms (and I am mostly used to the mac layout). The problem characters are these: []{}|\


On my SE Mac keyboard, I use these combinations:



  • [] - any alt + 8/9

  • {} - any alt + shift + 8/9

  • | - any alt + 7

  • \ - any alt + shift + 7


When in Bootcamp, it behaves like a Swedish PC keyboard:



  • [] - right alt + 8/9

  • {} - right alt + 7/0

  • | - right alt + >

  • \ - right alt + ?


I have tried numerous keyboard settings without any difference. I was able to switch control and command using a register key but I have found no way to switch the combinations above.


Is there any way to fix this?


As I understand it, US keyboards do not have this problem since the above keys maps the same way on Mac and PC keyboards. I really envy that...





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire