mardi 24 février 2015

Fonts on my iMac randomly become blurry (badly anti-aliased) until restart


I have a late-2009 iMac with Yosemite 10.10.2.


Recently, I've noticed that some system fonts randomly become blurry, as though there's a problem with the anti-aliasing. This affects:



  • The OS X Menu bar

  • The right-click context menu

  • The side-bar in the Finder window

  • Etc.


In this screenshot - you can see how the text in my browser window looks sharp, but the right-click context menu items are blurry:


Blurry fonts in the right-click context menu


They are not blurry when I restart. At some point, usually with in a few hours, and not after any specific, repeatable event - they become blurry. (I've never noticed exactly when it happens. All of a sudden, when I stop focusing on my work, I notice that they're blurry.


If I restart the Mac, they become sharp again, but only temporarily.


I've never played around with any settings that might have caused this change (e.g, I haven't changed LCD font smoothing or anything). And I haven't replaced the graphics card. In short - I haven't changed anything that I'm aware of.


Thanks in advance for any advice or insight!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire