mardi 10 février 2015

Flawed user permissions: cannot save files or open certain programs


I'm on OSX 10.9.1 and I changed settings on my user folder. As far as I can remember I "only" pressed cmd + i on the user folder and under access rights I chose apply to all sub folders. Don’t ask me why - I know I was being stupid and I won’t do it again .. promise!


So from what I understand that means I changed all files and folders inside of my user folder to belong to the root user and therefore don’t allow me to do any file operations for example copying files etc ..


What can I do to fix this?



  • I’ve already used Disk Utility to repair permissions. But no luck. This is what it says. Sorry it’s in German: ACL was found, but not expected in …. For Library/StartupItems it also says SUID-file …/ARDAgent was changed and will not be repaired. Here's the details:


ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „private/etc/apache2/users“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „private/etc/paths.d“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers“ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MAS“ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/LaunchAgents“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/LaunchDaemons“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/PreferencePanes“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/ScriptingAdditions“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Library/StartupItems“Achtung: Die SUID-Datei „System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/http://ift.tt/1izGQvA“ wurde verändert und wird nicht repariert. ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „private/var/root/Library“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „private/var/root/Library/Preferences“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.stackshot.plist“Abweichende Zugriffsrechte für „usr/lib/ruby“, Soll-Wert: lrwxr-xr-x , Ist-Wert: drwxr-xr-x . ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „usr/lib/ruby“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „usr/libexec/cups/driver“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „Applications/.DS_Store“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „private/var/at/tabs“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „private/var/db/lockdown“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „private/var/root/Library/.localized“ ACL wurde gefunden, aber nicht erwartet auf „private/var/root/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist“



  • I also tried to “Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs” through the „Reset Password“ OSX Utility as suggested here. But no luck :(


Here's some more infos:




  • Terminal ls -la on /Usersfolder: drwxr-xr-x 5 root admin 170 21 Dez 2013 . drwxr-xr-x 37 root wheel 1326 5 Feb 10:12 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 0 12 Sep 2013 .localized drwxrwxrwt 11 root wheel 374 29 Dez 12:57 Shared drwxr-xr-x+ 69 root admin 2346 10 Feb 11:06 macdaddy




  • Terminal ls -l on /Users/macdaddy/ (my user) folder: drwxr-xr-x+ 4 root admin 136 24 Aug 22:26 Applications drwxr-xr-x+ 69 root admin 2346 10 Feb 09:58 Desktop drwxr-xr-x+ 10 root admin 340 3 Jul 2014 Documents drwxr-xr-x+ 25 root admin 850 9 Feb 23:50 Downloads drwxr-xr-x@ 15 root admin 510 5 Feb 10:12 Dropbox drwxr-xr-x+ 72 root admin 2448 1 Feb 20:17 Library drwxr-xr-x+ 10 root admin 340 14 Jan 16:07 Movies drwxr-xr-x@ 16 root admin 544 8 Feb 18:06 Music drwxr-xr-x+ 11 root admin 374 5 Feb 18:21 PhpstormProjects drwxr-xr-x+ 119 root admin 4046 10 Feb 00:40 Pictures drwxr-xr-x+ 5 root admin 170 7 Feb 2011 Public drwxr-xr-x+ 6 root admin 204 27 Mär 2014 Sites drwxr-xr-x+ 8 root admin 272 1 Dez 18:01 VirtualBox VMs drwxr-xr-x+ 2 root admin 68 29 Mai 2014 dumps Am I right that the user should not be root, but macdaddy here? Also the + and @ signs look uncommon to me.




So my question is: How can I fix my problem so that the permissions are reverted back to their prior state. Or at least I want to be able to work as I did before.


I found this solution: Resetting user permissions to their default mode , in which first all ACL permissions are being removed, then all permissions being equalized with chmod. Now before trying it out I wanted to ask here if this method is advisable or if there is any other way of fixing my problem.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire