mercredi 18 février 2015

Fix Recursive Partition (Boot Camp Windows Partition Still Detected After Deletion)


I recently deleted the Windows Partition I had on my Macbook Pro (Mid 2014) which I had installed using Boot Camp. I followed the uninstall instructions in the second section of Apple's website, here.


Unfortunately, if I restart my Macbook, it automatically boots up to the "Windows partition" - which is really just a blue screen which tells me an error occurred, some files are missing, and then asks me to press F8 or Enter. Pressing either key just causes the screen to go black momentarily and then return to the original error page.


After playing around in GParted, it turns out that my Mac has a "recursive partition" on it which led to a bad partition table which in turn screwed up a lot of stuff.


How can I remove this ghost partition?


Specific information on my computer:



Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Software Overview:
OS X Yosemite
Version 10.10.2 (14C109)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire