mercredi 11 février 2015

Dropbox Install in Data Partition between OS X and Windows 7 Boot Camp


I have a Data partition between OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 Boot Camp. I have my Dropbox folder in the partition. I have tried using it in the past formatted as exFAT. This was unsatisfactory in that it would not stay indexed in OS X, and there were other issues.


I have now formatted the Data partition as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Then on Windows 7, I have a trial version of Paragon HFS+ for Windows installed.


Here is my issue. OS X creates a bunch of files in Dropbox ending in com.dropbox.attributes. There is at least one of these almost for every file in Dropbox. From OS X these do not sync to the Dropbox server and are hidden. However, in Windows they are visible and sync to the Dropbox server.


I would like to do two things:



  1. Hide them in Windows 7

  2. Prevent them from syncing to the Dropbox server in Windows 7


(By the way, I have already tried running a command in Windows that hides all of these files. It only worked temporarily. As soon as Dropbox was back up and running they re-appeared.)


Please let me know if you need any more information or clarification.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire