mardi 17 février 2015

Does `dtruss -p PID` list system calls made before the command was run?


I'm trying to diagnose an intermittently slow command. When I run the command and see it hanging, I press control + t to get the PID, then in another tab, run diagnose [PID] - eg, diagnose 123. I've defined diagnose as a function in my zsh configuration:



# See system calls of the process with a given PID
function diagnose() { sudo dtruss -cade -p "$1" 2>&1 | tee /tmp/dtruss_output }


Obviously, since I'm reacting when I notice a hang, I run diagnose several seconds after the process started. The output lists many system calls, but I wonder whether I'm missing anything important.


Does the output of dtruss -p [PID] include system calls made by that process before dtruss was run?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire