mardi 24 février 2015

Custom color remapping (would like to tint screen red, while also tinting red toward black)


In order to help my sleep, I use Nocturne to tint my screen dark red at night. This is similar to what the ever-popular Flux does, but more extreme. However, it creates problems when a document has red text or images on a white background. They are now red text or images on a red background -- that is, they're invisible.


Is there any way to do more sophisticated color mapping? I'm imagining a "filter" that changes white to red, the way Nocturne does, but also tints pixels that were already supposed to be red towards black. That way they will remain visible.


I'm not looking for professional-quality color calibration. It's fine if things look ugly and documents don't appear the way the designers intended. I just want a way to read, browse the web, and watch lectures while minimizing blue light exposure.


Possible solutions


It sounds like one possible solution would be a custom ICC profile, as described in this question. I don't know how to create one, though. Can anyone point me to an existing one with these properties, or is there a relatively simple graphical tool that can help with this?


Non-solutions


Here are a few options that don't do what I'm looking for:




  • f.lux, Nocturne, Black Light, Screen Shades: I'm not sure if they could be altered to do what I want, but as-is they don't offer enough options. Nocturne lets you change white and black to any arbitrary color, but I also need to remap reds too.




  • The "invert colors" option: Not useful since my goal is to tint everything red (i.e., reduce exposure to blue light).




  • UI-customizers like Flavors: I don't just want to change the colors of system elements, but of everything that my computer displays (including documents, videos, etc).







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire