mercredi 18 février 2015

Correctly removing the default Python installation


I intend to replace the default Python installation with the one from Homebrew. Below is a list of steps that I want to take, but I first want to make sure that I'm not doing anything destructive, which is why I'm posting this question. :-)




  1. The Python.framework folder is located in /System/Library/Frameworks. Is it okay to remove it? Being under System I worry that I might break something.




  2. Remove all Python related files from /usr/bin. In my case (and probably everyone else's), I'll be removing everything given by ls -l /usr/bin | grep python:



    • python

    • python-config

    • python2.6

    • python2.6-config

    • python2.7

    • python2.7-config

    • pythonw

    • pythonw2.6

    • pythonw2.7




  3. In my case I also have pip installed. The only reference to pip I found is in /usr/local/bin. To also uninstall pip I'll delete the files given by ls -l /usr/local/bin | grep pip:



    • pip

    • pip2

    • pip2.7




Is there anything else that I should be doing to do a complete and correct uninstall? Are there any dangers that I should be aware of?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire