samedi 28 février 2015

Can iBeacon range/region monitoring trigger "dynamic"/data-based notification?


I've looked everywhere (and am a Java/web developer so can't try testing in Xcode myself) but don't know the answer to;



Can an iBeacon range and/or region event (for an iOS app that is not running in the foreground) somehow have a "dynamic" notification send to that iOS device (i.e. a notification text that is not hard coded in the app but rather comes from a server)?



An example use case that everyone can relate to is that your local super market implements beacons and that as you walk pass the milk section you get a notification saying "Milk half price for the next half hour" (because the "use-by" date is near).


I know I can do local notification with static text (i.e. "welcome to the store") but unsure if I can so something more dynamic.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire