dimanche 22 février 2015

Can I change the appearance of the volume/brightness overlay?


The os X volume/brightness/... overlays display information about the current strength/action when a user press the function keys. The service that do this is called the BezelUIServer and can be found here:



/System/Library/LoginPlugins/BezelServices.loginPlugin/Contents/Resources/BezelUI/BezelUIServer


These are, imho, too intrusive and take up to much space. In my quest to reduce this I found that the bezels (or overlays) can be disabled completely thru a terminal command, as found here by:



sudo /bin/chmod -x /System/Library/LoginPlugins/BezelServices.loginPlugin/Contents/Resources/BezelUI/BezelUIServer


(I have not been able to start it again however so proceed at your on risk. According to the source one are suppose to exchange the -x with +x but this did not work for me.)




My question I would like to ask is if anyone know of a way to change the appearance of these bezels, maybe thru a custom bezelUIservice file? Or any other way that reduce the screen space / increase the transparency of these overlays?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire