lundi 9 février 2015

Bluetooth antenna went bad - can I just get a dongle?


I have a late-2010 Mac Mini (maxed out at Mac OS X 10.7.5) with 2 bluetooth devices (keyboard and headphones). I've had intermittent issues with bluetooth connectivity, but this past weekend, the connection went out while I was watching a movie and I could not get either device to reconnect. So I think that the antenna has just gone bad. I discovered that I can confirm this diagnosis using "Bluetooth Explorer" (part of XCode). I installed that remotely and intend to test it out when I get home.


Assuming that I confirm that the antenna has just gone bad (or even if it hasn't), can I just purchase a bluetooth dongle, such as the "Kinivo BTD-300 Bluetooth 3.0 USB adapter" and expect to be able to circumvent the issue or will the built-in & faulty bluetooth capability interfere with the use of the dongle?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire